How to Get to Taos
Taos Ski Valley is nestled in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, where the Rockies begin. This part of Northern New Mexico offers spectacular scenery, meaningful exploration, and exceptional outdoor recreation. The region draws the artsy, independent, curious, and resourceful creating a unique community of passionate folks. Although Taos is seemingly off the beaten track, it is at the center of many adventures and is well worth the journey.
Taos Air offers hassle-free travel directly to the Taos Regional Airport from Austin, Dallas, San Diego and Los Angeles. All guests can enjoy the complimentary shuttle service to Taos Ski Valley to and from the airport. Rental cars are also available from the Taos Regional Airport.
Santa Fe Airport
Services two airlines with daily flights to Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver, and Phoenix.
Albuquerque International Sunport
Home to 7 major airlines and offers nonstop flights to 24 major cities.
- Albuquerque 152 miles | 2.75 hours
- Amarillo 322 miles | 5.25 hours
- Austin 895 miles | 14.25 hours
- Colorado Springs 224 miles | 3.75 hours
- Dallas 694 miles | 11.25 hours
- Denver 312 miles | 5.25 hours
- Durango 230 miles | 3.75 hours
- El Paso 422 miles | 6.75 hours
- Houston 1058 miles | 16.75 hours
- Oklahoma City 579 miles | 8.5 hours
- Phoenix 586 miles | 9 hours
- Santa Fe 92 miles | 1.5 hours
- Tulsa 740 miles | 11.5 hours
The NCRTD offers year-round public transportation within North Central New Mexico. During the winter, they offer fare-free public transit throughout the Town of Taos up to Taos Ski Valley. Visit the NCRTD website for schedules and fares.
Santa Fe Valet supplies private transportation for groups of any size throughout Northern New Mexico.
Mountain View Shuttle provides private transportation to Taos, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Espanola and the surrounding areas at a low flat rate.