2021-22 SEASON POLICY
Uphill Access is open for 2021-22 season starting Friday January 7, 2022. The easiest way to find out if uphill access is allowed for the day is to check out our base area cam (select base view). There is a light on the left side of the Lift 1 shack--red means closed, and green means good to go!
Start your day off right by getting in your morning exercise in the fresh mountain air watching the sunrise over the mountains AND guarantee yourself first-tracks by taking our uphill skiing route!
- Self-Guided Tour starting at 7:00AM until 7:30AM.
- All uphill skiers must start from the Base of Lift 1 and check in with guest service staff before leaving. Starting from the base of Lift 4 is not allowed.
- A valid pass or day ticket is required along with an additional uphill waiver.
- Stay on the designated route: Rubezahl to Winkelreid to Honeysuckle. Follow the signs and arrows.
- You must be pointed downhill prior to 9:00AM.
- Access can be canceled at any time for avalanche control work in progress.
- If the green light is on, access is open. If the red light is on, access is closed.
- Stay clear of snowmobiles and snowcats.
- No uphill skiing during operating hours or outside of these terms.
During this time the New Mexico Ski Safety Act duties of ski area operators will not apply to the skiing area or any persons skiing/riding on the terrain. All such skiers/riders will legally assume all risks of injury or death while participating, including avalanche risk and all inherent risks such as, but not limited to, snow conditions, terrain, trees, natural and man-made objects, variations in terrain and the operation of ski area vehicles such as, but not limited to snowcats, snowmobiles, trucks, and other vehicles. Private motorized vehicles, including snowmobiles are prohibited from access. Markings, warnings, signage ski patrol or other rescue assistance, and all other ski area operator duties und NMSSA are not provided by the ski area except during winter ski area operations.
All winter sports activities, such as (but not limited to) skiing, snowboarding, tubing and sledding are prohibited before and after operating hours due to safety concerns and pre and post season due to safety concerns.