Skier & Rider Responsibility Code
The Skier/Rider Responsibility code was developed by the National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) to help skiers and riders be aware that there are elements of risk in snowsports that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce.
This is a partial list, be safety conscious.
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.