Taos Ski Valley Childcare
Childcare is back for Winter 23!
Available December 9, 2022 – April 2, 2023
For the little ones who aren’t quite ready to slide, we offer childcare throughout the season. While mom and dad play on the slopes, your youngest can enjoy toys, games, snow play, and more.
Located in the Rio Hondo Learning Center
Ages 2 months – 3 years
Open 8:00AM – 3:30PM
To make a reservation for Childcare, please call:
To ensure our team can provide your child with the care they need, please complete the form below prior to your arrival.
what ages can enroll in childcare?
2 months - 3 years old
where is childcare and what time is drop off/pickup?
Childcare is located in our Rio Hondo Learning Center and is open from 8 am - 3:30 pm.
do you require reservations for Childcare?
Childcare does have a max capacity; therefore, we highly recommend making reservations to ensure a spot for your child.
what do I need to provide for my child attending childcare?
Please label all items. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Diapers and wipes
- Extra change of clothes
- Any special snacks and/or lunch (we are a nut-free facility)
- Bottle, formula, and food for infants
- Comfort items such as a pacifier, special toys, and/or blanket
- Warm layers
- Waterproof jacket, pants, mittens/gloves, and eye protection if you'd like your child to venture outside
ARE lunch and snacks provided? can I provide my child with their own snacks and/or lunch?
Yes. We provide snacks and lunch each day. We do encourage providing your child with nut-free foods you know they will eat.
will my child go outside?
Yes, if and when staffing, ability, and weather permits.
is there a nap time?
Yes. We have nap/quiet time built into our daily childcare schedule after lunch. Our staff will also do their best to accommodate your child's normal nap schedule.
what do you do if my child gets upset while in your care?
- First and foremost, our staff will approach your child with patience, love, and gentle care. We will do our very best to comfort your child. Our team will call or text you if we need suggestions or assistance. Prior to drop-off, we will provide you with a special care form that allows us to learn more about your child with specifics throughout the day.
- Here are a few suggestions to assist your child with the transition:
- Bring your child a Lovie (blanket, toy, stuffed animal, etc.)
- Avoid letting this be your child's first time away from you.
- If your child is inconsolable after a specified amount of time, our staff will contact you to make pickup arrangements.
what happens if childcare needs to contact me?
Your contact information will be required at the time of booking. Please provide a cell phone number to ensure we are able to contact you. If the need arises, our Childcare staff will call and send a text message to the phone number on file.
can I leave the resort and explore the town while my child is in childcare?
Only if another parent/guardian is onsite at the resort while your child is enrolled in Childcare. While we encourage all of our guests to explore the town, we do require someone from the party be on property at all times in case of an emergency.
is your staff CPR certified?
Yes. Prior to the beginning of each season, our childcare staff is required to complete CPR training.
what is the cancellation policy?
We have a 14-day cancellation policy.