Taos Bike Park
Due to construction on Lift 4, lift-served mountain biking will not be available at TAOS this summer. There will be limited intermediate uphill mountain biking options available. More information coming soon.
Mountain bikes and e-bikes will still be available to rent at Taos Sports. The Taos Sports bike repair shop will also remain open.
How to progress through the Taos Bike Park
The Taos Bike Park is built for progression! Here is how the Taos Bike Park crew recommends tackling the variety of trails:
- Green Chile Flow Trail
- Blue Bottles
- Pop Rocks
- Grip It
- Rip It
- Hondo (jump skills recommended)
- Risky Biscuits
Riders should be comfortable and confident on the previous trail before moving on.
Mountain Biker’s Responsibility Code
Mountain biking involves risk of serious injury or death. Your knowledge, decisions, and actions contribute to your safety and that of others. Always
- Stay in control. You’re responsible for avoiding objects and people.
- Know your limits. Ride within your ability. Start small and work your way up.
- Protect yourself. Use an appropriate bike, helmet, and protective equipment.
- Inspect and maintain your equipment. know your components and their operation prior to riding.
- Be lift smart. Know how to load, ride and unload lifts safely. Ask if you need help.
- Inspect the trails and features. Conditions change constantly; plan and adjust your riding accordingly.
- Obey signs and warnings. Stay on marked trails only. Keep off closed trails and features. Ride in the direction indicated.
- Be visible. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail, feature, landing or are not visible.
- Look and yield to others. Look both ways and yield when entering or crossing a road or trail. When overtaking, use caution and yield to those ahead.
- Cooperate. If involved in or witness to an incident, identify yourself to staff.
Please review all Bike Park operations prior to your visit:
Summer Device Guidelines
- No motorized devices allowed. Class 1 E-bikes (pedal assist) are acceptable.
- All bikes are required to have two hand brakes. Disc brakes are recommended.
- Full suspension biked with 24" minimum tires are recommended.
- Helmets are required for mountain biking, and full-face helmets are recommended.
- Bikes must be able to fit in the bike carrier to utilize the Lift. Tires are restricted to 3.0" tire width.
- Adaptive equipment is allowed, as long as it is not motorized. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Mountain scooters, mountain boards, skateboards, hoverboards, tandem bikes, recumbent bikes, trailers on bikes, and child bike seats are not allowed.
Can i reserve a bike in advance?
We are currently not reserving bikes in advance. Bikes will be rented on a first-come, first-served basis.
what safety equipment is available to rent?
Guests can rent xc and full-face helmets and various types of body armor. All safety gear is available on a first-come, first-served basis.