Taos Bike Park
Explore the Kachina Basin in a brand new way! The Taos Bike Park has a variety of exciting downhill mountain bike tracks served by Lift 4. These trails are just the beginning of a series being built by Gravity Logic, out of Whistler, BC, with the help of the Taos Ski Valley Bike Park Crew. Enjoy this scenic bike ride experience with the whole family. Whether you’re a novice biker or an experienced rider, Taos offers an experience for all levels. All you have to do is choose your spice level.
green chile flow trail
Green Chile is unlike anything you will find in New Mexico. From the top of Lift 4 all the way to the bottom of the Kachina Basin, the Green Chile flow trail is 3.5 miles of dialed turns, amazing scenery, and fun for the whole family. So, while Taos may have a reputation for steep, challenging wintertime terrain, Green Chile was built with one thing in mind: to provide a summertime experience that most people can enjoy. It doesn’t matter if you own a bike or if you are looking to rent a bike from Taos Sports’ fleet, this trail will appeal to just about anyone who is interested in mountain biking.
Mountain Biker’s Responsibility Code
Mountain biking involves risk of serious injury or death. Your knowledge, decisions, and actions contribute to your safety and that of others. Always
- Stay in control. You’re responsible for avoiding objects and people.
- Know your limits. Ride within your ability. Start small and work your way up.
- Protect yourself. Use an appropriate bike, helmet, and protective equipment.
- Inspect and maintain your equipment. know your components and their operation prior to riding.
- Be lift smart. Know how to load, ride and unload lifts safely. Ask if you need help.
- Inspect the trails and features. Conditions change constantly; plan and adjust your riding accordingly.
- Obey signs and warnings. Stay on marked trails only. Keep off closed trails and features. Ride in the direction indicated.
- Be visible. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail, feature, landing or are not visible.
- Look and yield to others. Look both ways and yield when entering or crossing a road or trail. When overtaking, use caution and yield to those ahead.
- Cooperate. If involved in or witness to an incident, identify yourself to staff.
Can i reserve a bike in advance?
We are currently not reserving bikes in advance. Bikes will be rented on a first-come, first-served basis.
How many trails are open?
What bike can i rent?
what safety equipment is available to rent?
Guests can rent xc and full-face helmets and various types of body armor. All safety gear is available on a first-come, first-served basis.