Disabled skiers and riders of all ages and varying abilities can benefit from instruction with an adaptive pro from the Ernie Blake Snowsports School. Our trained instructors assess, equip, and teach students with disabilities in a one-on-one setting.
- This allows each student to be coached according to their specific needs, abilities and learning styles while optimizing their skiing or riding experiences. We offer adaptive lessons for two, three, and four track skiers, snowboarders, bi-skiers and beginning to advanced mono-skiers as well as accommodate different cognitive and physical abilities.
- In addition, if you need the assistance of a blind guide or help getting around the mountain as an independent bi- or mono-skier, our adaptive mountain guides are ready to help you.
- Taos Ski Valley works with the Taos Community Foundation and the Taos Winter Sports Team through the Foundation’s Adaptive Sports fund, providing scholarships for people with disabilities to ski or ride at the resort, as well as access to specialized adaptive equipment and training in adaptive coaching for the ski school’s ski and snowboard instructors.
- Instructors are all qualified professionals in the Snowsports School with specialized training in adaptive instruction.
- We offer lessons for three to six hours. Your first visit will meet inside the Snowsports School Ticket Office for an initial assessment and to properly fit appropriate adaptive equipment.
- We require advance reservations for all adaptive lessons. We strongly encourage you to make your reservations as early as possible to make certain that an appropriate instructor and any necessary equipment is available.
- Full Day – 6 hours $350
- Half Day – 3 hours $240