Camping & Overnight Parking in Taos
RV Overnight Parking
Taos Ski Valley, Inc, provides designated parking for overnight stays in Gila Lot. RVs, campers, trailers, camper vans, and any overnight camping guests are asked to reserve their spot in advance. Campsites are limited. You are not guaranteed a site without an advance reservation. If spots are available, guests can purchase on-site.
Gila Parking Lot is the first lot to your right (to the west) as Highway 150 ends.
- Overnight stays are $25 + tax per night
- Campers are limited to a seven (7) night stay in our lots. National Forest rules expressly forbid living/residing in the National Forest which includes the Taos Ski Valley parking lots.
- Camping spots are roughly 30' w x 36' l. Spots are not pull-through.
- There is no space for units over 36' in length
- Units 25' and longer are recommended to book an even site number (on the mountain side of the lot).
- Arrival time is after 5:00 pm. Departure time is 4:00 pm
- R.Vs, campers, camper vans, and trailers will be asked to move to designated areas if parked elsewhere as per the U.S. Forest Service agreement.
"Roughing It" Style
Please respect the National Forest, Nature, and those who have to clean up.
- There are no hookups or showers.
- Trash receptacles and portable toilets are provided in Gila Lot.
- Parking/camping accommodations are not level.
- Bulk trash disposal is available down Ocean Blvd. (the Deer parking lot - see map).
- You will see dumpsters designated for recycling and then a tan trash compactor on your right for general trash. The handle on the door to this compactor can stick and the spring doesn’t always engage. You will have to manually return the locking mechanism to secure the door after you have disposed of your waste.